A Car Insurance for the Car we buy is a must and should nowadays. It stands as a financial guard in tough times and many other situations. Therefore, Car insurance became one of the most important purchases for a car owner. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance helps us whether it’s a natural disaster like earthquake or flood. Also, if somebody damages or steals our car, we will get the Claim. Some compulsory factors like third party liability and can ensure that any damage done to another person’s property by our vehicle will cover the claim. A car is a great asset that everyone is proud to own. Often it’s a large milestone in a lot of people’s lives. HDFC ERGO Car Insurance ensures that you and your vehicle stay safe and secure.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Review
We think that our vehicle is one of our most precious possessions. With HDFC ERGO’s Car Insurance, we can protect our vehicle against any unfortunate circumstances. Now, we can stay secured and get the hassle-free service. An end to end automated process will ensure fast track claim settlement. It ensures us to get back in driver’s seat quickly, no matter what happens to your vehicle.
Why HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Policy?
- Cashless claim service over 3400+ authorised network of garages across India.
- Avail a host of discounts – No claim bonus, Discount for Automobile Association Members, Discount based on age and profession
- Comprehensive support through our dedicated customer supports team.
- No lengthy procedures
- Instant Car Insurance Online Policy
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Key Features & Benefits
Once check the HDFC Car Insurance Features in brief. So, check the following key features.
- A Package Car Insurance Online policy will cover the following:
- Loss Or Damage To The Vehicle Insured: Loss or damage to your vehicle caused by any one of the following events.
- Accident by external means.
- Burglary, House Breaking Theft
- Fire, Explosion, Self Ignition, Lightning
- Terrorism, Riots, Strikes, Malicious Acts
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterways, air or lift
- Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide or Rockslide
- Liability to third parties
The online car insurance policy would also cover your legal liability arising out of an Injury / Death of a third party and Property damage of a third person in the case of an accident involving your vehicle.
- Personal Accident Cover
The car insurance policy also provides for a mandatory Personal Accident Cover for Owner Driver for an amount of Rs. 2 Lacs covering Accidental Death and Permanent Total Disability. It also includes the named and unnamed passengers upto the seating capacity of the vehicle and paid driver.
Therefore, the above mentioned key features are the important one. The benefits are also available. So, after knowing the Features and Benefits one can choose the Plan according to their requirement.
The coverage for a Vehicle will depend on the manufacturer’s listed selling price. The value will depreciate for each year or the IDV. The IDV is the maximum amount payable in the event of a claim for Total Loss / Theft.
Car Insurance Premiums:
Once check the premium for a package Private Car insurance policy would depend on:
- Sum Insured / Insured’s Declared Value (IDV).
- Type of vehicle.
- Age of the car.
- Place of Registration.
- Fuel type (Petrol / Diesel / CNG / LPG).
Choose a variety of optional covers on payment of additional car insurance premium, as listed below:
- Electrical/Non-Electrical items get insurance separately.
- A Personal Accident cover for driver/owner.
- Personal Accident cover for Unnamed / Named Passengers also.
- Personal Accident cover for paid employee/driver.
- Legal responsibility for paid driver in connection with the operation of the insured vehicle.
- Legal liability to employees in connection with the operation of the Insured vehicle.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Coverages
- Provides added security and complete peace of mind
- Minimise out-of-pocket expenses
- Widens the existing scope of cover
Own damage to the vehicle caused by:
See the following information once for which the coverages are available.
- Accident due to external means.
- Burglary, housebreaking or theft.
- Fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning.
- Terrorism, riots, strike or malicious act.
- Transit by road, rail, inland waterway, lift.
- Earthquake, flood, storm, landslide, rockslide also.
Hence, check the above mentioned details carefully and then prefer the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance.
Add-Ons Car Insurance Plans:
Once check the Add ONs of the Car Insurance
- Silver Plan – Zero Depreciation Claim.
- Gold Plan – Zero Depreciation Claim, Loss of Use / Down Time Protection.
- Platinum Plan – Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear Box. No Claim Bonus Protection.
- Titanium Plan – Zero Depreciation Claim. Engine & Gear Box. No Claim Bonus Protection. The cost of Consumables.
- Emergency Assistance Add on Wordings.
- Endorsement Wording – Emergency Assistance Wider Cover.
- Endorsement Wordings – Return To Invoice.
Therefore, the above add-ons are available for the HDFC ERGO Car Insurance.
HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Exclusions
HDFC ERGO car insurance policy does not cover:
- General Ageing, wear and tear.
- Damage by a person driving without a valid driving license.
- Mechanical or Electrical breakdown, failure.
- Damage by a person driving under the influence of Liquor/Alcohol/Drugs.
- Depreciation, any consequential loss.
- Loss /Damage is attributable to War /Mutiny /Nuclear risks.
- Damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time in which case the liability of the company shall be limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
- Loss /Damage, outside India.
Therefore, check the Exclusions of HDFC ERGO Car Insurance. Before taking a Policy, study the situations that will not come under the Car Insurance
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Buying Process
In olden Days, to purchase a policy, the client should visit the nearest HDFC ERGO Branch office or should consult an Insurance Agent. But, now the customers can also buy a plan of their choice anywhere through online. So, purchase a policy the interested individuals can avail any of these three options to buy or purchase a new insurance plan for their Two Wheeler.
- Visit the Official Site of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- From the homepage of HDFC ERGO Page, select a plan which can fulfil your needs.
- It will navigate you to a new page.
- Fill in the complete details and Buy your HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy in a hassle free manner.
How to Renew HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance?
Every policy will expire after a given period. After that period, the customer can renew their existing policy. So, Know the HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal process. The policyholder can renew HDFC Bike Insurance in two ways. They are through offline, and another is through online. For the offline renewal, the customer should visit the HDFC ERGO General Insurance Branch Office within the limit of the grace period. The policyholder should fill the forms. To make HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance renewal process easy for the customer, HDFC Bike Insurance Policy offers HDFC ERGO Online renewal option. HDFC ERGO General Insurance renewal through online is an easy process when we compare it with the offline process. Therefore, HDFC General Insurance renewal option will assist the customers to renew your HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy through online.
For Online Renewal of the Bike Insurance, fill in the Following Details
- Name of the Customer/ Policyholder
- Insurance Policy Number
- Expiry date of existing Policy
- Mobile Number
- Policyholder’s E-mail Id.
Claim Process for HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance
- First of all, Note down the vehicle number involved in an Accident.
- Intimate your claim by calling the toll-free number of HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance– 1800-2-700-700.
- When you call to the customer care to intimate about the claim, give all the required details. The information should consist of the following
- Policyholder’s Contact number.
- Policy number / Cover Note no, Vehicle no., Chassis number and Engine number.
- Date & Time of the incident.
- Location of the event.
- Details of the driver including the License number.
- Nature of injury if any persists.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance customer service centre will register the claim at any time
- The client service centre will provide the claim registration number for all future references.
- The policyholder can Send the vehicle to the workshop or Garage for repair.
- Get the repair estimate and Fill the claim form. Attach a copy of RC and License of the person driving at the time of the accident.
- The company will conduct a detailed survey on the accident.
- The HDFC General Insurance Company will send a surveyor. They will authorise the workshop to initiate the repair work.
- The Surveyor will provide the customer with information regarding the claim settlement mode.
- Therefore, Depending upon your case, the company will pay the money through cashless mode or reimbursement mode.
- The person from the Workshop or Garage will intimate the Surveyor after the completion of repair work.
- The policyholder can handover the vehicle after completing the repair process.
- Lastly, the customer should report the vehicle condition and also their satisfactory status.
Premium Calculator for HDFC ERGO Bike Insurance
The Policyholders can Calculate the HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance premium and Maturity Benefit online. The Policyholder’s Personal Details are required to check the Premium. Therefore, we have provided the list of required details. The Required Details include
- Date Of Birth
- Policy Term.
- Premium Paying Term.
- Sum Assured or IDV
Therefore, the interested customers can check their Premium Amount online using the given details. The Premium Calculation depends on
- Age of the Vehicle
- IDV or Sum Assured
- Vehicle Type
- Location of the Vehicle Registration