HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy offers Financial Stability to you and your Family in case of death or bodily injury of an insured person due to Unexpected Accidents. HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Policy Does not Stop with Death Benefits it also covers the Other Consequences such as Physical Injuries like permanent total disability, permanent partial disability, Temporary Total Disability & Body Burns. Buy a Personal Accident Policy of HDFC Ergo and secure your family’s future & enable their basic day-to-day needs in your absence.
HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy Review
We don’t know what will happen to us in Future. Accidents may happen to anyone at any time, they are Unforeseen and inevitable. It Only takes Fraction of Seconds to Change our Future, but it takes away the Savings of Many years and our Loved ones. Sometimes Accidents can be Severe. In Such cases, we may not have enough Savings for our Treatment. To Provide Financial Protection in Critical Situations HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company has introduced Individual Personal Accident Plan. Buy the HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy to get Financial Assistance in Critical Situations and to get your Life Back on Track.
During Unexpected Situations your future plans and your loved ones Future may disrupt. In this Type of Situations, Financial Stability is essential to get back to your Regular Life. HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Insurance Policy provides the Necessary Financial Assistance and will help you to Recover Fastly from Financial Crisis. The sum assured offered by the accident insurance policy becomes a major support and can save you from the financial crisis. The amount not only helps you to recover but also helps you to manage your day to day life as well. HDFC ERGO’s Personal Accident Policy ensures your protection across the boundaries.
HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy Eligibility Conditions
- Any Indian Resident Aged below 65 years is eligible to take this Policy.
- You can also ensure your dependent Parents and Children.
- Sum Insured:
- Minimum: Rs. 2.5 lakhs.
- Maximum: Rs. 15 lakhs.
HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Insurance Policy Features & Benefits
- Provides Protection to the Entire Dependent Family such as Spouse, Children, and Parents at Minimum Cost.
- It provides Coverage for Broken Bones of Parents up to 70 years.
- Provides 100% Cover for Spouse on all Benefits under Family Plan.
- Also Includes Cover for Burns, Broken Bones, Personal Accidents occurred at worldwide.
- No Pre-Medical Health Check-up is Required.
- It Provides Ambulance Costs & Hospital Expenses for hospitalisation due to accidents and sickness.
- This Plan is Open to anyone upto 65 years and Parents upto 70 years.
- There is an Option of Lifelong Renewability.
- The Policy Sum Insured Ranges from Rs. 2.5 lakhs to Rs. 15 lakhs.
- You can Buy/Renew your Accident Insurance Policy at any Time anywhere through Online.
Coverages of HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Policy
- Accidental Death: The Entire Sum Assured 100% of Sum Insured is Payable as Death Benefit to the Insured Person’s Nominee if Bodily Injury Results Unfortunate Death.
- Permanent Total Disability: The Entire Sum Insured 100% of Sum Insured will be paid to the Insured person in the Unfortunate event of the Permanent total disability of the Insured person.
- Broken Bones: Up to 10% of the Sum Insured is payable under the Policy if the physical injuries to the insured results in bone fractures.
- Burns: Up to 5% of Policy Sum Insured is Payable to the Insured Person if an Accident results in hospitalisation of the insured and treatment of burns.
- Ambulance Costs: Ambulance Expenses incurred on the Insured Person due to Personal Accident are Reimbursed to the Policyholder as per the Policy.
- Hospital Cash (Accidents & Sickness): It covers the Hospitalisation Expenses arisen due to Insured’s Accident or Illness for a Daily Assistance for hospitalisation up to 45 days is provided.
HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy Exclusions
Accident Insurance Policy of HDFC Ergo does not cover the any loss caused due to
- Self-Inflicted Injury.
- Injuries from Civil or Foreign Wars.
- Accidents caused under the influence or abuse of alcohol, drugs, or other intoxicants.
- Death Caused due to diseases like AIDS / HIV.
- Accidents occurred while riding a Two-wheeler at more than 150 cc Speed.
- Injuries occurred during active involvement in violent public disorder /labour disturbance.
- Accidents due to Participation in unsafe sports like skydiving/parachuting, winter sports, hand gliding, scuba diving, bungee jumping, ballooning, mountain climbing, all forms of skiing, hunting or equestrian activities, Under Water Activity, etc.
- Any Accident / loss arising out of war, invasion, civil war, insurrection, the act of foreign enemy, rebellion, mutiny, hostilities (whether War is declared or not), use of military power or usurpation of government or military power.
- Any loss caused due to childbirth or from pregnancy, Committing breach of law with criminal intent.
Addon Covers Offered by HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Plan
Emergency Medical Expenses: If the Insured Person sustains Bodily Injury during the Policy Term, The Company will pay the necessary Usual and Reasonable Medical Expenses, incurred within twelve months from the Date of Loss.
Hospital Cash: If the Life Assured Hospitalised during the Policy term the Company will pay the Hospital Expenses due to Insured’s Accident or Illness for a Daily Assistance for hospitalisation up to 45 days is provided.
HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy Buying Process
HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Plan can be bought through online at the official website www.hdfcergo.com by entering Member Details, Personal Details. You can also Buy the HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy from the Nearest HDFC Ergo Branch Office or, from the Agent of HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company. But Online buying Process is easy & Flexible compared to offline Buying Process. You need to follow the below Steps to buy the HDFC Ergo Accident Insurance Policy Online
Steps to buy HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Insurance Policy
- Visit the Official website www.hdfcergo.com
- Click on “Personal Accident Insurance” link available on top of the Homepage.
- Check the Policy Details and Click on Buy Now.
- Calculate the Premium by entering your Personal Details and Contact Details.
- Also, Enter some Necessary information like Sum Insured and the Plan you are Opting such as Self or Self & Family.
- After Entering all Details Click on Calculate Premium.
- The Premium Amount you need to Pay for buying Personal Accident Policy will display on the Screen.
- Check Premium and Proceed to Pay.
- Pay Premium through Online using Net Banking/ Credit Card / Debit Card.
- On Successful Completion of Payment Policy will be issued Instantly.
Claim Process of HDFC Ergo Accident Insurance Policy
- In case of any Claim, the Policyholder should follow the below steps to Lodge a Claim
- First Call to the HDFC Ergo Toll-free Number 1-800-2700-2700, in case of any event leading to a claim under the policy.
- The Company Claims Service Representative will guide you on the claim procedures and documents required to Lodge a Claim.
- Complete the Claim Form with all Details relevant to the nature of loss.
- Attach the required documents based on your claim type along with the duly filled Claim form and Submit it to the Policy Issuing Office Directly or through the Agent.
The Documents required in HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Claim Process are
- Claim Form as per ‘Form E’.
- Police FIR.
- Post-mortem Report or Coroner’s Report.
- Death Certificate.
- Succession certificate or notarized affidavit certifying legal heir status – For payment to the beneficiary.
- Where payment to the beneficiary is through a notarized affidavit, a letter of indemnity on Rs.200 stamp paper (Please contact us for the indemnity format).
- Claim form as per ‘Form A’
- Police FIR, if the accident is reported to Police.
- Medical papers, Pathology reports, X-ray reports, as applicable.
- Disability certificate from reputed surgeon or Municipal Hospital – For Permanent Disability Claims.
- Sick leave certificate from Employer – For Temporary Total Disability Claims.
- Attending Physician’s statement as per ‘Form D’.
- Claim form as per ‘Form A’.
- Police FIR, if the accident is reported to Police.
- Medical papers, X-ray report & X-ray plate.
- Doctor’s prescription and line of treatment suggested.
- Bills and cash memos.
- Attending Physician’s statement as per ‘Form D’.
HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy Online Renewal
You can Renew the HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Insurance Policy through online at the official website by following the below simple steps. You can also renew your Accident Insurance policy by visiting the HDFC Ergo Branch Office. But Online Renewal Process is the Flexible and easy process.
- Visit the official website www.hdfcergo.com
- Click on Personal Accident Policy -> Instant Renewal.
- Enter your Policy Number and Click on Go.
- Then you will redirect to Online Renewal Page.
- In that page, you can see the Premium Amount you need to Pay to renew your Policy.
- Check the Premium and Pay through online Using Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Policy Premium Calculator
Premium is the Minimum Amount that you need to Pay to buy/Renew your Personal Accident Insurance Policy. You can calculate the Minimum Premium that you need to pay to take the Policy By Using the HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculator. The Amount of Premium Paid will Depend on your Plan and covers you have opted for. You need to enter the below Information to buy HDFC Ergo Individual Personal Accident Policy.
- Personal Details.
- Nominee Details.
- Plan Details.
- Contact Details.
For More Information regarding HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy, check the Official Brochure attached below
FAQs on HDFC Ergo Personal Accident Policy?
Q1. What are Different Plan Options available under this Policy?
Ans: HDFC ERGO offers you four plan options with a wide range of Sum Insured, from Rs. 2.5 lakh to 15 lakhs. The Sum Insured will change depends on the Plan you have chosen.
- Self Plan.
- A Self & Family Plan.
- Self + Dependent Parents Add-on.
- Self & Family Plan + Dependent Parents Add-on.
Q2. Can I include my parents in this policy?
Ans: Yes, you can include your dependent parents up to an Age of 70 years. Personal Accident Insurance provides add-on benefits for your dependent parents with an affordable flat rate.