The Car may give you the luxury, but When it comes to travelling quickly & economically, a Two Wheeler is the best option. But, along with greater convenience, also their comes the higher risks. No matter how safely you ride the bike, purchasing a two-wheeler insurance gives you peace of mind. Having a Two Wheeler Insurance is also mandatory in India. Now, it is not the time to worry about the time and effort required to buy a two-wheeler insurance policy. HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance provides Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance through online. It is an instant process, and you can complete the process in just three easy steps and save your efforts.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance comprises of two different policies to facilitate the customer choice. The HDFC ERGO General Insurance company offers the following
Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance
Two wheeler liability – Multiyear
Long Term Two Wheeler Insurance:
The Customers should pay their Motor Insurances annually. But to make this yearly renewal worries disappear, HDFC ERGO General Insurance has introduced a new plan. That is nothing but LONG TERM TWO WHEELER INSURANCE Plan. In this Plan, the customer can choose up to three years policy period. HDFC ERGO Long Term two wheeler insurance online offers the convenience of instant bike insurance at reasonable prices. The policyholder can pay the premium today to enjoy insurance protection up to three years. The subscriber will pay the premium just once in three years. Long Term two wheeler insurance also supports you in avoiding your increased premium by fixing third party premium for three years at today’s rate. Thus, you can avoid the impact of annual third party premium hike by insurance regulator by buying Long Term insurance now.
With Long Term two wheeler insurance, you get both benefit and protection of No Claim Bonus (NCB) discount in two and three years policies. It means the policyholder can enjoy the NCB benefit for complete three years period irrespective of the claim status during your policy period. After completion of two or three years policy tenure, the policyholder will get next higher No Claim Bonus slab basis each claim free year spent. HDFC ERGO Long Term two wheeler insurance provides comprehensive coverage against the potential risk of theft, accidental damage, third party liability and other perils. With one-year policy tenure, you also get the options to buy add-ons emergency roadside assistance and zero depreciation.
Key Features and Benefits of HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance:
- The policyholder can enjoy the Insurance policy with a Comprehensive cover of two and three years.
- Additional discounts are available with Long term covers.
- In Third Party insurance premium, policyholder can get protection against Annual Increase
- In second and third years insurance policies, The Customer can avail No Claim Bonus Protection.
- Hassle Free Annual Insurance renewal.
- Paperless Issuance process is available for the renovation of Two Wheeler Insurance Policy online,
- The company offers Cashless claim service At authorised network garages.
Inclusions of HDFC Long Term Bike Insurance:
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company covers the following
Protection to vehicle:
The HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company will provide the Loss or damage due to theft, natural calamities, accidental damage, etc
Third party liability:
It Covers the legal liability that may arise due to an injury or demise of a third party individual or damage to property of a third party in case of an accident involving your two Wheeler.
The customer can have the Option to buy either two years or three years Two wheeler insurance policy through online process.
Only with annual insurance policies, the policyholder can have the option to buy “Emergency Assistance” and “Zero Depreciation Cover”.
Personal accident cover for owner/driver:
The policyholder can get Compulsory Personal Accident Cover for an amount of Rs. 1 lakh. It will include both accidental death and total disability of the owner/driver
No Claim Bonus:
The policyholder can get No Claim Benefit for a long term insurance policy (two and three years tenure). For second and third years plan, During the policy period, No Claim Bonus will remain protected. However, After completion of policy tenure, the client can get incremental No Claim Bonus slab on renewal, subject to each claim free year.
The insurance company will not bear all the losses during the accidents. Those are termed as exclusions. The HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance policy exclusions include
- The Wear and tear of the vehicle
- Damage caused due to the General ageing of the two wheeler vehicle.
- Damage caused by a person without a valid driving license
- Failure of the vehicle due to mechanical or electrical breakdown
- Damage caused by an individual who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Any consequential loss or Periodic depreciation
- Loss or damage caused due to war or nuclear risks or mutiny.
- Damage occurs to tires and tubes unless the damage of the car also takes place at the same time. In that case, the Liability of the company is restricted to only 50 per cent of the expenditure on the replacement.
- Any loss or damage caused outside the geographical boundaries of India
Two wheeler liability – Multiyear
It is a general thing to forget to renew your Motor Insurance Policy. But if the traffic police stop you, then you can not escape them without paying fine. But, we need not worry if any cop stops us. We are all aware that the third party liability only policy is imperative to ply a vehicle on the road. But in the daily routine of our lives, we all tend to forget the renewal of our two-wheeler Insurance.
Therefore, Stop remembering the renewal date every year. Instead get your vehicle insurance for multiyear. With the new HDFC ERGO’s Two Wheeler Liability – Multiyear insurance, get a cover for your two-wheeler for upto three years. As per your requirement, take insurance for multiple years. Multiyear insurance provides the cover for personal accident and third party liability. It is also similar to a single year policy, but you can pay the term just once.
Key Features and Benefits:
- The policyholder can get an Instant on-line policy
- The customer can get the Protection against the annual premium increase of Third Party section
- No need to renew every year
- The clients can avail Comprehensive support through our dedicated customer support team
- No lengthy procedure To buy a policy or renew any policy.
Liability to third party Individuals:-
In the case of an accident involving your vehicle, The HDFC ERGO Two wheeler insurance policy will also cover the legal liability arising out of an Injury or Death of a third party individual and Property Damage of a third party.
Personal Accident Cover For Owner-Driver:-
The HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance plan also offers a compulsory Personal Accident Cover for the owner/driver for an amount of Rs. 1 Lakh. It covers accidental death and total disability of the owner/driver
- Claim arising out of any contractual liability
- Death resulting in the course of employment of a person or the employment of the insured or in the job of anyone who is indemnified under this policy or bodily injury sustained by such person arising out of and in the course of such employment.
- Any liability directly or indirectly caused or contributed by a Nuclear war weapon or any such material.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Buying Process
In olden Days, to purchase a policy, the client should visit the nearest HDFC ERGO Branch office or should consult an Insurance Agent. But, now the customers can also buy a plan of their choice anywhere through online. So, purchase a policy the interested individuals can avail any of these three options to buy or purchase a new insurance plan for their Two Wheeler.
- Visit the Official Site of HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
- From the homepage of HDFC ERGO Page, select a plan which can fulfil your needs.
- It will navigate you to a new page.
- Fill in the complete details and Buy your HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy in a hassle free manner.
Premium Calculator for HDFC ERGO Bike Insurance
The Policyholders can Calculate the HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance premium and Maturity Benefit online. The Policyholder’s Personal Details are required to check the Premium. Therefore, we have provided the list of required details. The Required Details include
- Date Of Birth
- Policy Term.
- Premium Paying Term.
- Sum Assured or IDV
Therefore, the interested customers can check their Premium Amount online using the given details. The Premium Calculation depends on
- Age of the Vehicle
- IDV or Sum Assured
- Vehicle Type
- Location of the Vehicle Registration
How to Renew HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance?
Every policy will expire after a given period. After that period, the customer can renew their existing policy. So, Know the HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal process. The policyholder can renew HDFC Bike Insurance in two ways. They are through offline, and another is through online. For the offline renewal, the customer should visit the HDFC ERGO General Insurance Branch Office within the limit of the grace period. The policyholder should fill the forms. To make HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance renewal process easy for the customer, HDFC Bike Insurance Policy offers HDFC ERGO Online renewal option. HDFC ERGO General Insurance renewal through online is an easy process when it is compared to the offline process. Therefore, HDFC General Insurance renewal option will assist the customers to renew your HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy through online.
For Online Renewal of the Bike Insurance, fill in the Following Details
- Name of the Customer/ Policyholder
- Insurance Policy Number
- Expiry date of existing Policy
- Mobile Number
- Policyholder’s E-mail Id.
Claim Process for HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance
- First of all, Note down the vehicle number involved in an Accident.
- Intimate your claim by calling the toll-free number of HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance– 1800-2-700-700.
- When you call to the customer care to intimate about the claim, give all the required details. The information should consist of the following
- Policyholder’s Contact number.
- Policy number / Cover Note no, Vehicle no., Chassis number and Engine number.
- Date & Time of the incident.
- Location of the event.
- Details of the driver including the License number.
- Nature of injury if any persists.
- HDFC ERGO General Insurance customer service centre will register the claim at any time
- The client service centre will provide the claim registration number for all future references.
- The policyholder can Send the vehicle to the workshop or Garage for repair.
- Get the repair estimate and Fill the claim form. Attach a copy of RC and License of the person driving at the time of the accident.
- The company will conduct a detailed survey on the accident.
- The HDFC General Insurance Company will send a surveyor. They will authorise the workshop to initiate the repair work.
- The Surveyor will provide the customer with information regarding the claim settlement mode.
- Therefore, Depending upon your case, the company will pay the money through cashless mode or reimbursement mode.
- The person from the Workshop or Garage will intimate the Surveyor after the completion of repair work.
- The policyholder can handover the vehicle after completing the repair process.
- Lastly, the customer should report the vehicle condition and also their satisfactory status.