National Car Insurance is a Motor Insurance Policy offered by National Insurance Company to Cover the Loss / Damage Caused to your Vehicle due to Unfortunate Accidents. National Four Wheeler Insurance Policy makes your Journey Hassle-Free. Interested Users can buy the National Motor Insurance through Online or Offline. So why are you waiting? Buy a National Insurance Car Insurance Plan and enjoy your Ride without any Tensions.
National Car Insurance Review
Life is a Great Balancing Act. Nowadays, there is no guaranty to the life of the Person. Anything may happen unexpectedly at any point of time and sometimes it may lead to some severe crisis such as Death of a Person due to Sudden Accidents. Why should we risk our life for a Simple Accidents? Get a National Motor Insurance Plan and enjoy hassle free Journey with your loved ones. National Car Insurance Policy Provides Personal Accident Coverage along with the Loss/Damage Cover to your Vehicle. It also Protects against any legal liability in case of Death or Damage caused to the Third Party Property.
National Insurance Company offers Various Insurance Products to meet the Needs of an Indian Customer. National Motor Insurance is also one of the Insurance Policy offered by National Insurance Company to Protect you Against the Unexpected Accidents. The Registered Owners of any Car are eligible to take this National Private Car Insurance Policy. National Insurance Company also offers Hassle Free Claim Settlement for Car Insurance during the Policy Period only provided that some Terms and Conditions. For Further Details like Covers, Exclusions, Addons related to National Private Car Insurance Policy please follow the below Sections.
National Insurance Car Insurance Features & Benefits
- National Private Car Insurance provides the coverage for Vehicles used for social, domestic and for professional purpose (excluding carriage of goods other than the registered owner).
- It also Provides the Additional Cover for Loss of Accessories.
- National Car Insurance Policy provides Legal Liability to the Paid Driver.
- It Provides Increased Legal Liability and coverage upto Rs 7.5 lakhs for Third Party Property Damage.
- You Can avail No Claim Bonus (NCB) for Claims Free Experience.
- An Additional Discount is available for ARAI Anti-Theft Devices installed in the vehicle.
- A Concession is available for the Vehicles Specially Designed / Modified for blind, handicapped and mentally challenged persons.
- You can renew National Private Car Insurance through Online Instantly at Official Site.
- The Selected Private car policies can be bought online using credit, debit cards as well as net banking.
National Private Car Insurance Coverages
There are two types of Coverages available under National Car Insurance Policy, They are
- Liability Only Cover.
- Package Policy.
Liability Only Cover:
- It Insures you Against Legal Liability if your Vehicle involves in any Accident.
- It Does not cover any Loss / Damage Caused to your Vehicle.
- National Insurance Policy Covers the following Risks only under Liability Only Cover.
- Loss caused due to Injury or Death of a Third Party.
- It Provides Coverage upto 7.5 Lakhs for Property Damage of Third Party.
National Insurance Car Package Policy is a Comprehensive Motor Insurance policy. It Provides Coverage for both Third Party as well as Damage to your Own Vehicle, co-passengers or self. It Covers the Loss caused to the Insured Vehicle caused due to
- Accident by External Means like Explosion, Fire, Self Ignition and Lightning.
- Terrorism, Riots, Strikes or Malicious Acts
- Loss caused due to Burglary, House Breaking or Theft.
- It Covers the Loss caused to Natural Calamities like Earthquake, Flood, Storm, Landslide, Rockslide.
- Also Covers the Loss caused due to Transit by Road, Rail, Inland Waterway, Air, Lift.
Exclusions of National Car Insurance Policy
National Four Wheeler Insurance Policy does not cover any Loss due to
- Consequential loss
- Loss due to wear and tear, mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Damage due to Failures or Breakages of Car.
- Loss caused due to Damage of Tyres unless the vehicle is damaged at the same time when the liability of the insurer is limited to 50% of the cost of replacement.
- It Does not cover the Loss Caused due to driving the Vehicle without a Proper License.
- This policy does not cover any loss to your vehicle caused outside the geographical area as mentioned in the policy.
- Loss caused due to Driving the Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
- Any Loss due to Failure of part/s and allied labour led to any Accident.
Along with these Exclusions, National Insurance Company Deducts its Coverage at some rate on different Parts of the Vehicle. The Rate of Depreciation offered by National Insurance Company is Mentioned below.
Depreciation Rates for National Car Insurance
- All rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tyre and tubes batteries and air bags – 50%.
- Fibreglass components – 30%.
- All parts made of glass – NIL.
Rate of depreciation for all other parts including wooden parts will be as per the following table
|Age of Vehicle||% of Depreciation|
|Not exceeding 6 months||NIL|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||5%|
|Between 1 and 2 years||10%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||15%|
|Between 3 and 4 years||25%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||35%|
|Between 5 years and 10 years||40%|
|More than 10 years||50%|
What is Sum Insured Declared Value?
The IDV of the vehicle is fixed based on manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model of the vehicle. It is calculated as manufacturers selling price minus depreciation.
Depreciation for fixing the IDV (Insured declared value) of the vehicle in National Car Insurance
|Age of the Vehicle||% of Depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||10%|
|Between 1 year and 2 years||15%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||30%|
|Between 3 years and 4 years||40%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||50%|
Additional Coverages Offered by National Motor Insurance
National Insurance Company is offering several Additional Coverages for Car Insurance. The Addon Covers available under National Four Wheeler Insurance are as follows
- No Claim Bonus: National Insurance Company is offering a No Claim Bonus (NCB) on Claim Free Renewals.
- Discount on Anti-Theft Devices: It Provides an Additional Discount on ARAI (Automobile research association of India) Approved Anti-Theft Devices.
- Third Party Liability Coverage: It Covers up to Rs. 7.5 Lakhs and Provides Lega liability on Death or Damage to the Third Party Property.
Personal Accident Cover for Owner / Driver
Along with the Above Additional Coverages, you can also get Personal Accident Cover under this Policy. Under this cover, the Owner or Driver of the Vehicle will be Insured. The Company will pay the Compensation for bodily injury or death of the owner / driver of the vehicle.
The Rate of Compensation under personal accident coverage is given in below table
|Nature of Injury||Scale of Compensation|
|Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye||100%|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50%|
|Permanent total disablement from injuries other than named above||100%|
National Private Car Insurance Buying Process
Interested Users can buy the National Car Insurance Policy at the official website niconline.in by entering Vehicle Details, Personal Details. You can also Buy the National Four Wheeler Insurance Policy from the Nearest National Insurance Branch Office or, from the Agent of National Insurance Company. But Online buying Process is easy & Flexible compared to offline Buying Process. You need to follow the below Steps to buy the National Private Car Insurance Policy Online
Steps to Buy National Car Insurance
- Visit the Official website niconline.in
- Click on Motor -> Private Car Insurance.
- Then you will redirect to Online Buying Page.
- Enter your Vehicle Details and Calculate Premium.
- Check the Premium Click on Continue.
- Now Enter your Personal Details, Contact Details.
- Confirm the Details and Proceed to Pay Premium.
- You will get Policy Instantly after paying the Premium.
National Car Insurance Claim Process
You need to follow the below Steps for Prompt Claim Service in case of Unfortunate Accident occurs to your Vehicle
- Intimate about the Loss to the Policy Issuing Office immediately after the Occurrence of Loss.
- First lodge a FIR to the nearest Police Station in case the loss occurred due to Fire, Burglary, Theft, Damage to Third party, Accident etc., i.e. for any reason other than Act of God Peril e.g. Flood, Earthquake, inundation etc.
- Collect relevant claim form at the nearest branch office or download from the official site.
- Fill the Claim Form with Correctly after reading it thoroughly.
- Submit the duly filled Claim Form to the Policy issuing Office either directly or by an authorised Agent along with documents required /asked for.
- The Policy Issuing Office will send Surveyor/Loss Assessor to the Spot, if Necessary.
- The Surveyor will assess the Loss and Submit the Report to the Policy Issuing Office.
- The Policy Issuing Office will settle the Claim and made the Payment to the Policyholder
- In some cases, provisional payment is also made to the Policyholder depending on the merits of the case.
Documents required in Claim Process
- Police Reports.
- Doctors Prescriptions.
- Reports of Pathological tests.
- Cash Memos from the Chemists Shop.
- Receipts from Surgeon, Doctors etc.
National Insurance Car Insurance Online Renewal
You can Renew the National Insurance Car Insurance through online at the official website by following the below simple steps. You can also renew your Car Insurance policy by visiting the National Insurance Company. But Online Renewal Process is the Flexible and easy process.
Steps to Renew National Car Insurance Online
- Visit the Official website niconline.in
- Click on Motor -> NIC’s Private Car Policy.
- Enter Policy Number, Email Id and Click on Next.
- You will then redirect to Online Renewal Page.
- On Renewal Page you can see the Premium Amount you need to Pay to renew your Policy.
- Check the Premium and Pay through online Using Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
National Car Insurance Premium Calculator
You can calculate the Minimum Premium that has to be Paid to take the Policy By Using the National Insurance Car Insurance Premium Calculator. The Amount of Premium Paid will Depends on the Vehicles Age, and any Extra Coverages you have opted for. You need to enter the below Information to buy National Car Insurance.
- Vehicle Details.
- Cubic Capacity.
- Geo-Graphical Zone.
- Add on Covers.
- Age of the Vehicle.
- Personal Details.
- Contact Details.
For More Information please refer National Four Wheeler Insurance Brochure