National Insurance Home Plan covers building and household items. It is a packaged policy which provides a range of covers that are required for a common householder. The plan is a very comprehensive plan and also covers personal accident including medical expenses as well. This National Insurance Householders Policy covers many risks under a single policy. Therefore, check the Home policy of National Insurance company features, coverages, exclusions down the page.
National Insurance Home Plan Review
The National Insurance Company is a Government general insurance company in India. National Insurance Company stands as the oldest insurance company in India. National Insurance Company provided a wide range of products into the market like motor insurance, personal accident insurance, individual insurance, etc. which are well suited to all type of people. Home insurance policy comes under the Personal Insurance policy. The National Insurance Home insurance policy provides absolute and complete financial assistance and support with timely payouts.
Home is much-treasured possession and a precious venture, in which considered to be the biggest asset in any individuals life. Hence, it is necessary to protect their home from any unforeseen circumstances which might occur at any moment. National General Insurance has the comprehensive home insurance plan which protects the house in every possible way. Therefore an ideal solution is to invest in National Home insurance policy. National Insurance Householders Policy will additionally cover your building structure against loss due to fire and allied perils.
Furthermore, details about National Insurance Home Insurance Policy Features, Inclusions, Exclusions, Premium Calculator process, Buying and Claim procedure informed below.
National Home Insurance Features and Benefits
The Benefits offered by National General Insurance company in National Insurance Home Plan are:
- The Insured have the option of taking a Fire and Special Perils policy if the policyholder wants to insure the property while it is under construction.
- Once the construction is complete, the policyholder may opt for householder Policy to cover the insured house and its contents against fire & allied perils, Burglary or housebreaking, hold-up, the mechanical and electrical breakdown of the appliance, etc. with the addition of the host of value added features.
- The policyholder entitled to 15% discount for opting more than four section. 20% discount on the premium for opting more than six section respectively, excluding Tariff Sections premium i.e. Fire & Allied Perils Section and Public Liability & Workman Compensation Risks Section. But for Section discount all Sections (Tariff & Non-Tariff sections) is considered.
- No health check-up required under this National Insurance Householders Policy.
National Home Insurance Policy Coverages
The coverages comes under National Insurance Home Plan are:
- This Policy covers loss or damage to the building/ contents by fire & allied perils, such as Fire, Lightning, Earthquake, floods etc.
- In respect of loss or damage to the contents of insured due to Burglary housebreaking including larceny and theft.
- Loss or damage to jewellery & valuables caused by an accident at anywhere in India (Certificate should be obtained for valued items).
- This policy covers loss or damage to fixed plate glass by accidental breakage in respect of any one loss or all losses in any one period of insurance is limited to the sum set against in the Schedule.
- Damage or Loss to domestic appliances caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown. Sum Insured in respect of each item should be its new replacement value.
- If there is any damage of television due to Lightning, an explosion of gas, Earthquake, floods, Mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Any damages or losses to pedal cycle, Baggage by accident or misfortune while policyholder on tour or holiday
- The insurance option covers death, permanent total/ Partial disablement, and Temporary total disablement for householder family.
National General Insurance Home Plan Exclusions
The Exclusions of National Insurance Home Plan are as follows:
- Damage due to terrorism activities otherwise specifically included.
- Loss or damage caused by depreciation or wear and tear and consequential losses.
- Liability or expenses, Loss, Damage, whether direct or indirect happenings arising from any consequence of war, Invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities, Civil War, Rebellion, Revolution, or loot or pillage in connection therein.
- Accident arising due to carrying of illegal activity and or any kind of unlawful act.
- Damage or Loss or liability arising out of the violation of any Rules and Regulations of the Govt. or Statutory authorities.
- Directly or indirectly Loss or damage caused by or arising from or in consequences contributed to by nuclear weapon materials.
National General Home Insurance Policy Online Renewal Procedure
National General Insurance renewal possible in two ways, either through offline or online. For offline renewal, insured must visit the National Insurance company Branch Office within the grace period. Insured should fill the corresponding forms regarding the policy and make a payment. Offline Insurance renewal process is a time taking process. To make renewal process easy National General Insurance company offers an Online renewal option. The National Insurance Home Plan online renewal is an easy process compared to the offline process. National General Insurance company assists you to renew your Insurance Policy through online.
National Insurance Householders Plan Premium Calculator
Premium Calculator is to calculate Premium amount for yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly of any policy. The Home Insurance Plans Premium Calculator is available on the official website. Before going to buy the National Insurance Home Insurance policy you have to calculate the premiums. National insurance Premium Calculator useful for the insured to calculate their Maturity amount and premium amount. Therefore, the data required for calculating premium amount of National Insurance Home Plan using following details:
- Enter Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Mobile number and email.
- Policy term.
- Sum Assured.
National Householders Insurance Plan Buying Process
The National Insurance Home Plan buying procedure is available here. The Buying procedure of National householder’s policy is very simple if you have all the information regarding documents with you. Before buying the Home Insurance, read the Plan details carefully. The Appointee can buy the Householder’s Insurance Plan in two ways either offline or online. General instructions to be followed for buying this National Insurance Householders policy are:
- Contact National Insurance office nearest to your place either directly or through an authorised agent.
- Submit the Proposal Form to National Insurance office either directly or through an authorised Agent.
- Note that the company Agent service availed by directly contacting National Insurance office concerned through either telephone lines or E-mail.
- The surveyor appointed by National Insurance office, in a case, if there any risks and estimate the quantum of risk involved and other related matters.
- Premium estimates given to the Proposer through National Insurance Computerized Offices.
- The policy issued to the policyholder either directly on request or through registered post.
National Home Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
The Policyholder can claim the Insurance plan offered by the National General Insurance Company. The customer can apply for Home Insurance Claim through online at the official website. The alternative ways to apply for the claim such as at Branch Office, Mail Id services and Helpline Number. The steps for claim procedure under National Insurance Home Plan.
- The Policyholder should take necessary steps to minimise the loss/damage.
- In Case of Fire, the insured should inform fire brigade immediately.
- If there any theft, larceny or burglary, inform the police immediately along with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
- Inform National Insurance company by phone or fax and in writing.
- Provide necessary documents to the substantiate of loss to the Insurance Company. A claim form issued by the company also to be submitted.