Personal Accident Insurance policy provides cover against some major injuries caused due to an accident. This Policy includes major injuries like loss of limbs, burns, etc. Usually, these covers are part of riders along with some other life insurance plan. However buying a stand-alone personal accident plan is often the best solution as the cover is a lot more comprehensive. Also, the health insurance plans will cover the cost of treatment. These plans will provide lump sum amounts in case of a significant injury. Therefore, use the National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance to overcome the Loss of the Accident.
National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance Review
National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance policy provides you many benefits. In the case of demise, there are many advantages. It also gives you the cover if an accident causes Permanent Total Disablement (PTD). It also includes the death of the policyholder in an accident. The Sum Assured under this plan is payable if death occurs from an accident. However, the demise needs to occur within specific timelines of the accident for the claim to pay. Usually, we take it as fifteen days. If the death occurs after 15 days of the crash, then the claim may not be payable as the reason for death could be any other than accident also.
It indicates that the policyholder is physically Challenged, either partially or wholly. Again, the claim would be payable if the policyholder has been disabled from work for a period more than 180 days. In that case, if the policyholder is physically disabled, either partially or wholly, is able can work, then the claim may not be payable. They will provide coverage against the expenses incurred during hospitalisation because of an accident. The Policyholders may also receive a daily cash allowance for the duration of hospitalisation.
National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance Benefits
The Personal accident insurance covers, the following benefits:
- Cover against Accidental Death or Permanent Total Disablement (PTD) on account of an Accident.
- Optional Cover against Accidental Hospitalisation Expenses and Accidental Hospital Daily Allowance.
- Covers different types of accidents like road, rail accidents, accidents due to natural calamities and arising out of terrorism/ terrorist acts.No health check-up required.
- The policy operates worldwide. It is a 24 hours cover. Different coverages are available that range from a restricted cover of Death only to a comprehensive Inclusion that covers death, permanent disablements and temporary total disablements.
- Family Package cover is available to Individuals under Personal Accident Policy whereby the proposed, spouse and dependent children can be covered under a single policy with a 10% discount in premium.
- Group personal accident policies are also available for specified groups with a discount in premium depending upon the size of the group.The selected Individual PA policies can be bought online using credit, debit cards as well as net banking.
Features of National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance:
Adults residing in India can take the policy covering his/ her and their dependents between the ages of 5 and 70 years.
Inclusion of National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance
The detailed coverage is mentioned in the Silent features section. In Individual Personal Accident policy, facility of cumulative bonus is given whereby the capital sum insured increased by 5% every year on claim free renewals subject to a maximum of 50%. This cumulative bonus is not available for death only cover.The various coverages are explained as below depending on the type of policy purchased.
1. Accidental Death:
It provides for payment of compensation on the insured person’s death caused by bodily injury arising out of accidental, violent, external and visible means and resulting in death within 12 (twelve) calendar months of the occurrence of the accidental injury.
2. Permanent Total Disablement:
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Permanent Total Disablement arising from an accident.
3. Permanent Partial Disablement:
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Permanent Partial Disablement within 12 (twelve) calendar months of the occurrence of such injury.
4.Temporary Total Disablement:
It provides for payment of compensation for bodily injury caused by accidental, violent, external and visible means resulting in Temporary Total Disablement. The compensation shall be payable for the temporary period for which the Insured Person suffers from total disablement due to accidental bodily injury.
Exclusions of National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance
Intentional self-injury, suicide or attempted suicide:
- It comes under the influence of intoxicating drugs or liquor.
- Racing on a wheel, Hunting Big game shooting, Mountaineering, engaged in winter sports, skiing & Ice Hockey.
- Breach of law with criminal intent.
Check the brochure for more details
National General Personal Accident Insurance Policy Online Renewal Procedure
National General Insurance renewal possible in two ways, either through offline or online. For offline renewal, insured must visit the National Insurance company Branch Office within the grace period. Policyholders should fill the necessary forms related to the policy and make a payment. Offline Renewal Process of insurance Plans is a time taking process. To make renewal process easy National Insurance company offers an Online renewal option too. The National Insurance Personal Accident Plan online method is an easy process if we compare it with the offline process. National General Insurance company assists you to renew your Insurance Policy through online.
National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculator
Premium Calculator is to calculate Premium amount for yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly of any policy. The Personal Accident Insurance Plans Premium Calculator is available on the official website. Before going to buy the National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance policy you have to calculate the premiums. National Insurance Premium Calculator useful for the insured to calculate their Maturity amount and premium amount. The National Insurance company Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculator is available on the official website. Therefore, the data required for calculating premium amount of National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance using following details:
- Enter Name.
- Date of Birth.
- Mobile number and email.
- Policy term.
- Sum Assured.
National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance Plan Buying Process
The National Insurance Accident Plan buying procedure is available here. The Buying procedure of National Insurance Accident policy is very simple if you have all the information regarding documents with you. Before buying the Insurance, read the Plan details carefully. The Appointee can buy the National Insurance Personal Accident Insurance in two ways either offline or online. General instructions for buying this National Insurance policy are:
- Contact National Insurance office nearest to your place either directly or through an authorised agent.
- Submit the Form of Proposals to National Insurance office either directly or through an authorised Agent.
- Note that the company Agent service availed by directly contacting National Insurance office concerned through either telephone lines or E-mail.
- The surveyor appointed by National Insurance office, in the case if there any risks and estimate the quantum of risk involved and other related matters.
- Premium estimates given to the Proposer through National Insurance Computerized Offices.
- The policy issued to the policyholder either directly on request or through registered post.
National Insurance Policy Claim Procedure
The Policyholder can claim the Insurance plan offered by the National General Insurance Company. The customer can apply for Accident Insurance Claim through online at the official website. The alternative ways to apply for the claim such as at Branch Office, Mail Id services and Helpline Number. The steps for claim procedure under National Insurance Plans.
- The Policyholder should take necessary steps to minimise the loss/damage.
- In Case of Fire, the insured should inform fire brigade immediately.
- If there any theft, larceny or burglary, inform the police immediately along with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
- Inform National Insurance company by phone or fax and in writing.
- Provide necessary documents to the substantiate of loss to the Insurance Company. The Company released a claim form by the company also to
Therefore, visit the official site www.nationalinsuranceindia.nic.co.in for more details.