Everyone feels buying a Car is an asset to them. The Primary Aim of the the Customer after buying the car is to buy the best Insurance Policy which safeguards your vehicle from the unfortunate incidents. Because we don’t know what happens at what time. Sometimes accidents like road, fire, etc., will happen. The Oriental Insurance Company offers the best Car Insurance Policy for their customers to help them in critical situations. The Insured must buy the Oriental Car Insurance Policy to protect the Car from the unforeseen accidents.
Oriental Car Insurance Policy Review
Oriental Insurance Company Limited offers various plans that include Home Insurance, Motor Insurance, Health Insurance and Travel Insurance. Four Wheeler Insurance is one of the plans provided by the Oriental Motor Insurance Policy. The Vehicle Insurance of Oriental Company consists of Two Wheeler and Four Wheeler Policies. This car insurance policy gives the coverage against accidental loss or damages to the own car or third party liability. Oriental Car Insurance Policy, covers vehicles used for domestic, social and pleasure purpose and also for the professional objective of the insured.
Oriental Insurance for Car is an insurance which covers the personal accidents, medical expenses and third party liabilities. But the Oriental Car Insurance does not cover speed testing, racing, trail rides and any other that deals with the motor trade. Oriental Insurance Four Wheeler plan has some benefits, features, exclusions, etc. Read the below article to know about the Car Insurance Policy of Oriental Insurance Company.
Oriental Motor Insurance Plans
Oriental Insurance Company Limited offers many Motor Insurance Plans for the Customers. The Insured must select the Two Wheeler or Four Wheeler Plan according to the requirement. The different Oriental Motor Insurance Plans are
- Two Wheeler Insurance.
- Four Wheeler Insurance.
Oriental Insurance for Car Features & Benefits
- Oriental Motor Insurance provides Personal Accident Cover for the Owner/Driver
- The Private Car Package Policy covers the Damage/Loss caused to the Insured Vehicle.
- Third Party Liability Coverage is also included.
- Discounts are provided on Anti Theft Devices and Vintage Cars.
- At Special Garages, Direct Settlement Facility is provided.
- The Guaranteed quality spares and materials are offered by the company.
- Enhanced Protection is provided with unique add-on covers.
- For Liability Only Policy and Package Policy, the Insured may extend the Geographical area by payment of additional premium.
Oriental Car Insurance Policy Coverages
Oriental Car Insurance offers the best plans with a broad range of benefits for you and your family. This Policy provides the coverage on the damage caused by the following cases.
- Damage or Loss to the Private Car Insured.
- Personal Accident Cover for Owner or Driver.
- Third Party Liabilities.
Loss or damage to the Private Car Insured:
This plan covers the injury or loss due to the natural calamities and man-made disasters.
- External & Accidental Damage.
- Riot and Strike.
- Malicious Act.
- Fire and Explosion.
- Theft/Housebreaking, Burglary.
- Flood, Earthquake, Storm.
- Transit, Landslide.
- While in transit by air, rail, road, lift, elevator.
Third Party Liability:
- The insured legal liability for death or bodily injury of third-party.
- The Loss or damage caused to the third-party property is covered in this policy.
- It provides Legal Liability to the Death/disability to third-party liability.
- Provides all costs and expenses incurred with the company’s written consent.
Personal accident cover for owner or driver:
The Oriental Insurance Company provides a cover for Rs.2 lacs regarding the personal accident for the driver or the owner or the co-driver. The owner or the driver would receive the following compensation as some percentage of capital sum insured (CSI), and these are:
|Injury Details||Scale of Compensation|
|Death||100% of CSI|
|Loss of two limbs or two eye sights||100%|
|Loss of one eye and one limb||50%|
|Permanent Total Disability for other than the above reasons||100%|
Additional Coverages of Oriental Insurance for Car Policy
- Personal accident cover for the unnamed passenger or the paid driver of upto two lacs.
- Provides coverage for the electronic or electrical fittings in the car on payment of additional 4% premium.
- The CNG or LPG Bi-fuel system.
- For OD Cover an additional premium of Rs 50/- for Fiber Glass Fuel Tanks.
- The Geographical Area may be extended by payment of Rs 500/- premium for Package Policy and Rs 100/- for Liability only Policy which include Bhutan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Maldives.
The Oriental Insurance Company offers Discounts which is available below.
Discounts of Oriental Car Insurance
- No Claim Bonus: Depending on the No of Claim free years, the NCB ranging from 20% to 50%.
- Vintage Cars: The Cars certified and manufactured before 31.12.40 by the Vintage & Classic Cars Club of India, a discount of 25% on the TP Premium & OD Premium.
- Anti-Theft Devises Discount: The Insured receives a discount of 2.5% on the premium for the device approved by the Pune Installation, ARAI certified by the Automobile Association of India.
- Discount on Automobile Association Membership: 5% Discount on the own damage premium upto a maximum of Rs 200/-.
Exclusions of Oriental Motor Insurance Policy
Royal Sundaram Alliance General Insurance company does not cover the following damages or losses.
- Depreciation, Wear and Tear Problems.
- Consequential loss.
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown.
- Loss caused due to Failures or breakages.
- Accidental Damage or Loss due to nuclear weapons.
- Nuclear Fuel or from the ionising radiations.
- Contractual Liability.
- The Company does not entertain any Claim arising outside the geographical area specified in the policy.
- The vehicle is Driven without a valid driving license.
- If Accident occurs under the influence of Alcohol/Drugs.
Renewal Process of Oriental Car Insurance
You can renewal the Oriental Private Car insurance policy either in offline mode or online mode. But the online process of Oriental Insurance for Car Renewal is a very easy process. If you want to renewal the policy in offline mode, contact the branch office which is nearer to you. The Insured can renew the policy before 30 days of the expiry date. Follow the steps for the online renewal process.
- Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance Company Limited orientalinsurance.org.in.
- On the Home Page, you can find Products->Motor Insurance Renew Option.
- Click on Renew.
- The Page redirects to the Online Renewal Page.
- Enter your Policy number and click Next.
- Now you can see the Premium Amount you need to Pay to renew your Policy.
- Check the Premium and Pay through online.
Oriental Car Insurance Premium Calculator
The Insured can know about the minimum premium that has to pay to take the new car insurance policy by using the Oriental Car Insurance Premium Calculator. To buy the new car insurance policy, the following information needs to be entered by the Policyholder.
- Type of vehicle.
- Registration state of the vehicle.
- Body type.
- Class of vehicles.
- Registration location, etc
How to buy the Oriental Car Insurance Policy?
You can buy the Oriental Motor Insurance Policy either in the online mode or offline mode.
In this mode, the Insured has to purchase the Car insurance policy from the licenced agent or by visiting the nearest branch office. Oriental Insurance Company forms and documents are required to buy the new policy.
- Visit the nearest Oriental Insurance company limited to buy the car insurance policy.
- Insured has to select the premium amount, and he has to pay the premium in terms.
- Along with Oriental Car Insurance forms such as proposal form, you have to attach the relevant documents.
- First of all, visit the official website of Oriental Company, i.e., orientalinsurance.org.in
- Click on the Motor Insurance and select the Car Insurance policy.
- Calculate the premium amount using the premium calculator and buy online.
- By paying the extra premium, the Insured can select the add-ons for extra coverages.
Buying Car Insurance in Online mode offers the following benefits.
- Documents: No Documents are required in the case of online buying.
- Special discounts: You can avail special discounts based on the model of your vehicle when you buy the insurance in online.
- Time saving: You will not have to spend your precious time and effort travelling to the insurer’s office. Instead, you can instantly get the policy online.
- Flexible payment options: You can pay the premium using the debit/credit cards. No need to go for the Oriental Insurance Company to pay the premium.
Oriental Motor Car Insurance Claim Process
For applying for claim, the Insured must intimate about the damages to the company, follow the below steps:
- The Insured must intimate to the company about the damages immediately after the accident.
- You can also claim by visiting the nearest Oriental Insurance Company after the occurrence of damage.
- Insured must use the claim forms to intimate about the damage and the estimation of the money to the insurer.
- To look after the damages, company appoints the Surveyor to inspect the Vehicle.
- After the inspection, surveyor intimates the estimate to the company.
- Then the Oriental Insurance Company will pay the amount to the Insured.
- The Insured must need to file FIR in the case of the Third Party Liability.
- Cashless facility is available.
You must submit the below information while intimating the claim.
- Policy number.
- Name of the Insured.
- Contact number.
- Vehicle number.
- Date and time of the accident.
- Name of the driver.
- Estimation loss.
- Medical and financial assistance in case of emergency situations.
FAQ’s on Oriental Motor Insurance
- What is Insured Declared Value?
Ans: The IDV is provided based on the percentage of depreciation of the Vehicle. The Oriental Insurance Company offers two types of Insured Declared Values. They are
- If the age of the vehicle not exceeding 5 years of age, the IDV has to be arrived at by applying the % of depreciation specified in the tariff on the showroom price of the particular make and model of the vehicle.
- In the case of obsolete models and vehicles exceeding 5 years of age, they have to be insured for the prevailing market value of the same as agreed to between the insurer and the insured.
For more detailed information about the Oriental Car Insurance, refer the link attached below.