What is the situation if you met with an accident suddenly? You require money for the Hospital Expenses and the loss of cover to disabilities, life and Income due to the accident. To cover all these losses, SBI General Insurance has introduced the Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan for the Customers. This Policy safeguards you and your family from financial hardships against the uncertainties. The detailed information about the SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy is available in the below article.
SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy Review
You may face distressing surprises like upsetting one’s life and accidents which cause financial privations to the family members. So better buy the Insurance Plan offered by the SBI General Insurance Company to overcome the hardships. The Customer met with an accident disturbs mentally and economically. To avoid this situation, you must buy SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy. The Family of the Insured may suffer from the financial problems if the breadwinner is met with an accident which causes injury or death. The SBI General Personal Accident Insurance Policy covers the Primary Insured, Spouse, Dependent Children, Dependent Parents and Parents-in-law.
Before buying the Policy, the Customer must check the Key Features, Benefits, Coverages, Exclusions, Eligibility, Addon Covers. If satisfied with all the conditions, buy the SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy. The Premium depends on the Insured Location, Occupation and Benefit Covers opted. Ambulance Charges, Hospital Confinement Allowance is offered in the Policy. The Policyholder can avail the Cumulative Bonus if not applied for a claim for the expiring policy. Permanent Total Disability benefit is provided with some additional benefits.
SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy
The Plan is a comprehensive accident insurance policy which covers loss due to disabilities, Income due to an accident and loss of life. The SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy protects you from all the adversities of your life. The Plan is for Individual and has an option for Family which covers the Legal Spouse, Dependent Parents and Parents-in-law, Dependent Children. The Minimum Entry Age is 18 years, and Maximum Entry Age is 65 years. Check the Benefits, Key Features, Eligibility Conditions, Coverage and Exclusions for the SBI General Personal Accident Insurance Policy.
Key Features & Benefits of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy
The Insured must check the Key Benefits and Features from the below section.
- SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy is for Business Class people, Self Employed and Salaried Persons.
- The Plan offers Add-on Covers which includes Ambulance Charges and Hospital Confinement Allowance.
- At no additional cost, the benefits like Adaptation Allowance and Education Benefit are provided as add-ons with Permanent Total Disability (PTD).
- The SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy covers Income Loss, Loss of Life, Disabilities due to accident.
- Cumulative Bonus is available for the Insured.
Coverages for SBI General Personal Accident Insurance Policy
- The Insured is offered with “Accidental Death” as compulsory coverage and Permanent Total Disability (PTD), Permanent Partial Disability (PPD), Temporary Total Disability (TTD) as optional covers in SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy. You may opt for any of the coverage according to your requirement.
- Accidental Death.
- The Accidental Death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD).
- Accidental death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Permanent Partial Disability (PPD).
- The Accidental Death + Permanent Total Disability (PTD) + Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) + Temporary Total Disability (TTD).
- In the case of family option, each member of the Insured family has option to choose from the above benefits. While the benefits chosen by the family members should not be more than the benefit chosen by primary insured.
- At No Additional Cost, Permanent Total Disability (PTD) benefit comes with the following advantages.
- Education benefit: The Claim on Permanent Disability or Death will make eligible the insured’s spouse and child to Education Benefit of Rs 50,000/- or 1% of CSI (basic SI), whichever is lower for each child/spouse, to maximum two individuals (spouse/children) on proof of enrolment at a Government approved education facility.
- Adaption allowance: The Claims of Permanent Total disability also include payment towards cost of modifying Insured Vehicle or House to combat Disability as Rs 25,000/- or 1 % of CSI (basic SI) whichever is less.
SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy Add on Covers
The Add on Covers available for SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy is available below.
- Hospital Confinement Allowance: If the Insured is admitted in Hospital due to Accident or Injury that occurs within the India are provided with per day allowance of Rs 1,000 or Rs 2,000 or Rs 3,000 with a maximum coverage for 15 days for the entire policy period.
- Ambulance Charges including Air Ambulance:
- To avail the Ambulance Service, the Insured must pay 10% of Accidental Death Sum Insured subject to a maximum of Rs 1,00,000 per policy period towards expenses.
- For the Accidental Death Sum Insured of Rs 5,00,000 and more, the Ambulance cover is available.
- The Company pays the expenses if incurred for availing an Ambulance Service (including air ambulance) to transfer the Insured Person from one Hospital to other Hospital or to a Hospital from the location of Accident or Injury or from hospital to the place of residence in case of death or PTD.
Eligibility Conditions of SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy
The Insured can opt the family option which covers Spouse, Dependent Children, Dependent Parents and Parents in Law.
- Minimum Entry Age for Adults: 18 years.
- Min Entry Age for Children: 3 months.
- Maximum Adults Entry Age: 65 years.
- Max Children Entry Age: 23 years.
- For Sum Insured, Min and Max Coverage refer the below article.
- Minimum Coverage: Rs 1,00,000/-.
- Maximum Coverage: Rs 1,00,00,000/-.
- Sum Insured for Accidental Death Benefit / Permanent Total Disability (PTD) is limited to 10 times the gross annual earnings from occupation/employment or 120 times of the monthly gross income.
- The Dependent Parents, Children, Parents in law and spouse gets the Sum Insured limited as Rs 10,00,000/- or 20% of Sum Insured of the Primary Insured.
- The Temporary Total Disablement Benefit under the Weekly Indemnity is 1% of Accidental Death Sum Insured subject to Maximum of Rs 10, 000/- per week, up to a maximum of 104 weeks.
Exclusions for SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy
- An accident resulting from intentionally Self-Inflicted Injury, Mental or Nervous Disorder, Suicide, Attempted Suicide.
- In the peace or War of the Military or Armed Forces of any country.
- The Insured under the abuse or influence of alcohol, drugs or other intoxicants.
- Participation in an actual or attempted crime, riot, civil commotion or misdemeanour.
- Air travel except as a fare paying passenger on a recognised airline or charter aircraft.
- Any loss/accident arising out of civil war, invasion, insurrection, revolution, etc.
- The nuclear ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel.
- The application or dispersal of pathogenic or poisonous biological or chemical materials.
- Participation in winter sports like bungee jumping, scuba diving, skydiving/parachuting, hand gliding, ballooning, mountain climbing.
- Any loss resulting directly or indirectly contributed or aggravated or prolonged by childbirth or from pregnancy,
- Committing violation of law with criminal intent.
- Loss caused directly or indirectly, by infections (except pyogenic infections which shall occur through an Accidental cut or wound) or any other kind of Disease.
SBI Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculator
The SBI General Insurance Company is offering a feature called Premium Calculator to calculate the premium amount. You can use the Calculator available in the official website of SBI General www.sbigeneral.in. The Insured can use this SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Premium Calculator to compute the Premium Amounts, Sum Assured, etc. The details essential to use the Premium Calculator are Policy Number, Name of the Policyholder, Policy Term, Date of Birth, Email Id, etc.
How to buy SBI General Personal Accident Insurance Policy?
The Customer must check all the details before buying the SBI Personal Accident Insurance Plan. Verify the details like Features, Coverages, Benefits, Add on Covers and take your final decision for buying the Policy. There are three ways to purchase the Personal Accident Insurance Plan. The First Method is to visit the Branch Office which is nearer to you. Take the Application Form or Proposal Form and submit the form along with the necessary documents listed below.
The Insured may also contact the Agent of the SBI General Insurance Company to take the SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy. Finally, the last and easiest way to buy the SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan is to Buy Online. The necessary documents to purchase the Policy are listed below.
- Proposal Form/ Application Form.
- Address Proof.
- Age Proof.
- Passport Size Photos.
- Medical Reports.
SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy Renewal
The Insured can Renew the Policy either in Online or Offline Modes. Visit the SBI General Branch Offices which is nearest to you for renewing your SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan. Another way to renew your SBI Personal Accident Insurance Policy is checking the Official Website. There you can find an option called Renew Online. Click on the service and Renew your SBI Individual Personal Accident Insurance Plan. Last but not the least method is directly contacting the Agents of the Company.
Claim Process of SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy
In the case of the happening of sudden accidents to the Insured, you can notice info about the Medical Expenses. The Policyholder should submit the relevant documents for the Claim Settlement. The completed claim form along with all required/ relevant hospitalisation documents should be submitted to the company. In the case of death or disability of the Insured, the medical reports must be sent to the company for the Claim Settlement. The list of documents required for the claim process is
- Original policy Bond / Document.
- NEFT Payout Form.
- Discharge form.
- Proof of Accident and Disability.
- Cancel check or Bank Passbook xerox.
- Death certificate ( If in the case of the eventual death of the Life Insured).
For more details, check the SBI General Individual Personal Accident Insurance Policy broucher