Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy covers the damage/accidental loss caused to your Vehicle due to any Unfortunate Accident. Tata AIG General Insurance also provides Life Cover to the Owner and Driver of the Vehicle.The Company also provides a Claim Settlement to its Insured which is hassle free. So buy Tata AIG Motor Insurance Plan as early as possible and Protect from the Unfortunate Accidents. Check Tata AIG Car Insurance Features, Coverages & Exclusions, Benefits, Benefits from below sections of the article.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy Review
Now a Days Motor Insurance is important for every Vehicle to travel on the road. The Motor Policy has become mandatory for every vehicle because of increasing accident cases in India. All of a sudden what happens if your New Private Car met with an accident? a huge loss for you. The vehicle may get damaged or death of driver or owner may occur. To Travel with a peaceful mind and travel without any tensions Tata AIG Motor Insurance is necessary. To cover, all the damage/loss caused to the your Private Car, Tata AIG Insurance Company has Introduced Motor Insurance Plans.
Tata AIG Motor Insurance covers any loss caused to the Private Cars, Two wheelers and Commercial vehicles excluding vehicles running on rails. You are eligible to take this Tata AIG Car Insurance Plan if you have an own car. Along with some Terms and Conditions, this Auto Secure – Private Car Package Policy covers accident loss or damage occurred to your car during the period of insurance. Buy a Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Policy and get over all the troubles.
Tata AIG Motor Insurance Plans
Tata AIG General Insurance Company provides three Motor Insurance Policies to their Customers. Any loss to the vehicle during the policy term are only covered. The List of Motor Insurance Plans of Tata AIG Insurance is available below.
- Tata AIG Car Insurance.
- Auto Secure – Two Wheeler Insurance.
- Tata AIG Commercial Vehicle Policy.
Features & Benefits of Tata AIG Car Insurance
- The Auto Secure – Private Car Package Policy covers the Damage/Loss caused to the Insured Vehicle.
- Third Party Liability Coverage is also covered.
- Tata AIG Motor Insurance provides Personal Accident Cover for the Owner/Driver
- At Special Garages, Direct Settlement Facility is provided.
- The Guaranteed quality spares and materials are offered by the company.
- Accident Repair Warranty upto six months is provided by this Tata AIG Car Insurance.
- Within 7 days, Claim will be settled by the Tata AIG General Insurance Company.
- Enhanced Protection is provided with unique 12 add-on covers.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Coverages
You can avail Two types coverages under Tata AIG Private Car Insurance they are
- Package Policy.
- Liability Only Policy.
Package Policy Coverages:
United India Motor Insurance Policy Protects the Insured against loss or damage to the vehicle caused due to
- Lightning, Fire explosion & self-ignition.
- Housebreaking, Burglary or theft.
- By strike and riot damage.
- Loss caused due to the earthquake (fire and shock damage), Storms, Cyclone, Typhoons, Frost, Floods, Hurricanes.
- Terrorist Activity, Accident by External Means, Malicious Act.
- While Transit by Rail, Road, inland waterway, lift elevator or air.
- By Land Slide / Rock Slide.
- It also Covers Third Party Life and Property Damage.
Coverages under Liability Only Policy:
- The Loss or damage caused to the third-party property is covered in this policy.
- It provides Legal Liability to the Death/disability to third-party liability.
- The insured legal liability for death or bodily injury of third-party.
- Claimants cost as decided by the court.
- Provides all costs and expenses incurred with the company’s written consent.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Exclusions
United India Insurance Company does not cover the any loss or damage caused due to
- Consequential loss.
- Depreciation, Wear and Tear Problems.
- Electrical or Mechanical breakdown.
- Loss caused due to Failures or breakages.
- 50% of the cost of replacement is provided by the company in case of damage to tyres and tubes unless the vehicle is damaged.
- Contractual liability.
- Loss caused due to Driving the Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
- It does not cover the loss caused due to nuclear activities.
- Loss Caused due to driving the Vehicle without a Proper License.
- It does not process any Claim arises due to Driving the Vehicle More than its Limits.
- The Company does not entertain any Claim arising outside the geographical area specified in the policy.
Depreciation Rates of Tata AIG Private Car Insurance
- All nylon/ rubber / plastic parts, tube batteries, tyres and air bags – 50%.
- For Fibreglass components – 30%.
- All parts made of glass – NIL.
For all other parts including wooden parts, the rate of Depreciation will be as per the following table
|Age of Vehicle||% of Depreciation|
|Not exceeding 6 months||NIL|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||5%|
|Between 1 and 2 years||10%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||15%|
|Between 3 and 4 years||25%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||35%|
|Between 5 years and 10 years||40%|
|Exceeding 10 years||50%|
Addon Covers of Tata AIG Car Insurance
Tata AIG Insurance Company offers several Additional Coverages for Private Car Insurance Policy. The following are the Additional Coverages offered by Tata AIG Motor Insurance.
- If the Insured Claims for own damage, the amount of depreciation deducted on the value of the parts is paid by the Company for the first two claims under section 1.
- The Daily Allowance is offered by the Tata AIG Insurance Company in order to meet the cost of hired transport by you.
- The Insured can avail the No Claim Bonus (NCB) as per the schedule depending on the claim free years.
- The Repair of Plastic, Fibre, Glass & Rubber Parts can be made at the authorised service stations/dealers with no effect on NCB.
- The Damage / Loss to you and your family members personal belongings are covered in this Policy.
- The Hotel Expenses (overnight stay) and Transport Expenses for returning to the residence or nearest city are covered if the vehicle is met with an accident.
- The Cost of replacing the vehicle keys or locks due to keys lost or stolen or vehicle broken.
- The Replacement and repair expenses for the damage or loss of the Internal Parts of the engine are covered.
- The expenses for replacement / repair of the tubes and tyres are covered.
- Roadside Assistance.
- The Consumables required being replaced due to insured vehicle accident.
- Emergency Message Service and Road Side Assistance is Provided.
How to buy Tata AIG Car Insurance Policy?
Tata AIG Motor Insurance can be bought through online from official website www.tataaiginsurance.in by entering your Vehicle Information. You can also buy the Tata AIG Car Insurance by visiting the nearest Tata AIG Branch Office or, from the Agent of Tata AIG General Insurance Company. The List of documents required for buying the Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Policy are
- Proposal Form/ Application form along with the photo.
- Age Proof.
- Address Proof.
- Vehicle Details.
- Driving License.
Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Claim Process
The Insured need to follow the below Steps for the Claim Settlement in case of Unfortunate Accident occurs to your Vehicle
- On Immediate occurrence of Accident, Contact the Tata AIG Insurance Policy Issuing Office which is nearer to you. Or You can check the official site for List of Tata AIG Offices across India.
- The Insured has to keep the vehicle at the accident spot/ site until the spot surveyor Inspection Completes, In the case of major accidents due to riot/fire.
- You must inform at the nearest police station about the accident If any Third Party Injuries / Death occurs.
- On Completion of Formalities, you may move your Vehicle to authorised Garage of your Choice and obtain the estimate from them.
- The Insured must submit the Estimates to the company along with the duly filled claim form; then they will arrange for the final survey.
- Final Surveyor will come and verifies the damage and gives the approval to proceed with the repairs.
- After the completion of repair, you must submit the bills regarding the repairs to the Company.
Documents Required during Claim Process
- Original estimate.
- Duly filled claim form.
- Original FIR.
- Driving license.
- Medical certificate(in the case of third-party liability).
- Surveyor copy.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Online Renewal
The Insured can Renew the Tata AIG Private Car Insurance through online at the official website by following the below simple steps. You can also renew your Tata AIG Car Insurance policy by visiting the Branch Office of Tata AIG Insurance Company. The Easy and Flexible Process is Online Renewal. You can renew your policy online with the below available steps.
- Visit the official website of Tata AIG General Insurance Company www.tataaiginsurance.in
- On the Home Page, you can find Motor Insurance.
- You will find the list of Motor Policies.
- Click on Renew.
- Then you will redirect to Online Renewal Page.
- Enter your Policy number and necessary details of the Vehicle and click on Submit option.
- Now you can see the Premium Amount you need to Pay to renew your Policy.
- Check the Premium Amount and Pay through online using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking.
Tata AIG Car Insurance Premium Calculator
You can calculate the Premium Amount that has to be Paid to take the Private Car Insurance Policy by using the Tata AIG Car Insurance Premium Calculator. The Amount of Premium to be paid depends on the Age of the Vehicle, and any Extra Coverages. The Insured need to enter the below Information to buy Tata AIG Private Car Insurance Policy.
- Registration state of the vehicle.
- Class of vehicles.
- Type of vehicle
- Body type.
- Registration location.
- Model, etc.
FAQs on Tata AIG Car Insurance
- What is Insured Declared Value (IDV)?
Ans: The Sum Insured Declared Value of the vehicle is fixed based on the selling price of the manufacturer’s list of the model and brand of the vehicle. The IDV is calculated as manufacturers selling price minus depreciation.
Depreciation for fixing the IDV(Insured declared value) of the vehicle in Tata AIG Private Car Insurance
|Age of the Vehicle||% of depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||15%|
|Between 1 year and 2 years||20%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||30%|
|Between 3 years and 4 years||40%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||50%|
For more information regarding the Private Car Insurance, check Tata AIG Private Car Insurance broucher.