United India Car Insurance Policy covers the accidental loss /damage caused to your Vehicle due to any Unfortunate Accident. It also provides Life Cover to the Insured Driver. United India Insurance Company also provides a hassle free Claim Settlement to its Customers. So Buy a Motor Insurance Plan offered United India Company and Protect from the Unfortunate Accidents. Check United India Car Insurance Features, Benefits, Coverages & Exclusions from below sections.
United India Car Insurance Policy Review
Now a Days Motor Insurance is necessary for every Vehicle to Travel on the Road. Because of Increasing Accident Cases in India Motor Insurance has become necessary for every vehicle. Suppose suddenly our New Private Car met with an accident there will be a huge loss. Sometimes total vehicle may damage, and Sometimes Death of the Driver also occurs. So having Motor Insurance is necessary to have Peaceful Mind and to Travel without any Tensions. To Cover, all the Loss/ Damage Caused to the your Private Car United India Insurance Company has Introduced Motor Insurance Plans.
United India Motor Insurance covers any loss caused to the Private cars, Motorised Two wheelers and Commercial vehicles excluding vehicles running on rails. The Owners of any Private Car are eligible to Take this Plan. This Policy covers accident loss or damage occurring during the period of insurance only provided that some Terms Exceptions and Conditions. Buy a New United India Car Insurance Policy and get over all the Worries.
United India Motor Insurance Plans
United India Insurance Company provides three Motor Insurance Policies to its Customers. It Covers any loss caused during the Policy term only. The Three Motor Insurance Plans are
- United India Car Insurance.
- UIIC Two Wheeler Insurance.
- United India Commercial Vehicle Policy.
United India Car Insurance Features & Benefits
- It covers the Loss / Damage Caused to the Insured Vehicle.
- It also provides the Third Party Liability Coverage.
- United India Motor Insurance also provides Personal Accident Cover for the Insured Driver / Owner.
- It Provides Additional Discounts on Vintage Cars, Anti-theft Devices installed in your Car.
- You can avail Additional Discount of Rs. 200/- for Cars if you have Automobile Association Membership.
- By Paying an Extra Premium, you will get Extra Coverage on Geographical Area, Electrical / Electronic Fittings, CNG / LPG-Bi-fuel Kits, etc.
- A 50% Discount on the OD premium is available on the Vehicle specially designed / modified for the blind, handicapped, and mentally challenged persons.
- A Discount of 331/1% on Tariff Rates is available on the Usage of Vehicle within Insured Premises.
Coverages of United India Car Insurance
You can avail Two types coverages under United India Car Insurance they are
- Package Policy.
- Liability Only Policy.
Coverages under Package Policy:
United India Car Insurance Policy Protects the Insured against loss or damage to the insured vehicle caused due to
- Fire explosion self-ignition or lightning.
- Burglary housebreaking or theft.
- By riot and strike and Malicious damage(intentional damage caused to your vehicle by external means).
- Loss caused due to the earthquake (fire and shock damage), Typhoons, Floods, Hurricanes.
- Accident by External Means, Malicious Act and Terrorist Activity.
- While Transit by Rail, Road, inland waterway, lift elevator or air.
- By Land Slide / Rock Slide.
- It also Covers Third Party Life and Property Damage.
Coverages under Liability Only Policy:
- It provides Legal Liability to the Death/disability to third-party liability.
- It covers the Loss or damage caused to the third-party property.
- Claimants cost as decided by the court.
- The insured legal liability for death or bodily injury of third-party.
- Provides all costs and expenses incurred with the company’s written consent.
United India Car Insurance Exclusions
United India Insurance Company does not cover the any loss or damage caused due to
- Consequential loss.
- Depreciation, Wear and Tear Problems
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown.
- Loss caused due to Failures or breakages.
- Contractual liability.
- It does not cover the loss caused due to nuclear activities.
- Loss Caused due to driving the Vehicle without a Proper License.
- Loss caused due to Driving the Vehicle under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs.
- The Company does not entertain any Claim arising outside the geographical area specified in the policy.
- It does not process any Claim arises due to Driving the Vehicle More than its Limits.
Along with these Exclusions, United India Deducts its Coverage at some rate on different Parts of the Vehicle. The Rate of Depreciation offered by United India is Mentioned below.
Depreciation Rates in United India Car Insurance
- All rubber / nylon / plastic parts, tyre and tubes batteries and air bags – 50%.
- Fibreglass components – 30%.
- All parts made of glass – NIL.
Rate of depreciation for all other parts including wooden parts will be as per the following table
|Age of Vehicle||% of Depreciation|
|Not exceeding 6 months||NIL|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||5%|
|Between 1 and 2 years||10%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||15%|
|Between 3 and 4 years||25%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||35%|
|Between 5 years and 10 years||40%|
|More than 10 years||50%|
Addon Covers of United India Car Insurance
United India Insurance Company is offering several Additional Coverages for Car Insurance. The following are the Additional Coverages offered by UIIC Car Insurance.
- United India provides an Additional Discount of 25% on duly certified Vintage Cars.
- You can avail No Claim Bonus (NCB) ranging from 20% to 50% depending on the number of claim free years.
- It Provides an Additional Discount of 5% on the Own Damage premium subject to a maximum of Rs. 200/- if you are a member of automobile association.
- You will get an Additional Discount of 2.5% on OD Premium Subjected to a Maximum of Rs. 200/- For ARAI Approved Anti-Theft Devices installed in your Vehicle.
- A Special 50% Discount on OD Premium is available on Vehicles Specially Designed / Modified for Blind, Handicapped, and Mentally Challenged Persons.
- A Special Discount of 33 1/1% is available on the tariff rates for the Usage of Vehicle within Insured’s premises/sites.
- You have the Flexibility to Extend the Geographical Are by Paying an Extra Premium.
- By Paying an Additional Premium of 4% you can get additional Coverage on Electrical / Electronic Fittings, CNG / LPG-Bi-fuel Kits.
- It provides an extra cover for Fiberglass Fuel Tanks by paying an extra premium of 50/-.
- You have the facility to transfer the insurance policy within 14 days from the date of transfer of ownership.
- A vehicle can be substituted by another vehicle during the balance period of the policy.
Personal Accident Cover for Owner / Driver
Along with the Above Additional Coverages, you can also get Personal Accident Cover under this Policy. Under this cover, the Owner or Driver of the Vehicle will be Insured. The Company will pay the Compensation for bodily injury or death of the owner / driver of the vehicle.
The Rate of Compensation under personal accident coverage is given in below table
|Nature of Injury||Scale of Compensation|
|Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb and sight of one eye||100%|
|Loss of one limb or sight of one eye||50%|
|Permanent total disablement from injuries other than named above||100%|
United India Car Insurance Buying Process
United Indian Motor Insurance can be bought through online at the official website uiic.co.in by entering your Vehicle Information. You can also Buy the United India Car Insurance from the Nearest UIIC Branch Office or, from the Agent of United India Insurance Company. The Documents required for buying the UIIC Car Insurance Policy are
- Application form / Proposal form along with the photo.
- Address Proof.
- Age Proof.
- Driving License.
- Vehicle Details.
UIIC Car Insurance Claim Process
You need to follow the below Steps for Prompt Claim Service in case of Unfortunate Accident occurs to your Vehicle
- On Immediate occurrence of Accident Contact the United India Policy Issuing Office which is nearer to you. You can check the official site for List of UIIC Offices across India.
- In Case of Major accidents due to fire/riot, losses keep the vehicle at the accident spot/ site until the spot surveyor Inspection Completes.
- If any Third Party Injuries / Deaths takes Place to make sure to inform in the nearest Police Station about the accident.
- On Completion of Formalities, you may move / Tow your Vehicle to authorised Garage of your Choice and obtain the estimate from them.
- Submit the Estimates to the company along with the duly filled claim form; then they will arrange for the final survey.
- Final Surveyor will come and verifies the Damage and gives green signal to proceed with the repairs.
- Now Proceed with Repairs and Submit all Bills to the Company after Completion of Repair.
Documents Required in Claim Process are
- Duly filled claim form.
- Original estimate.
- Medical certificate(in case of third-party liability).
- Original FIR.
- Surveyor copy.
- Driving license.
United India Car Insurance Online Renewal
You can Renew the UIIC Car Insurance through online at the official website by following the below simple steps. You can also renew your Car Insurance policy by visiting the United India Branch Office. But Online Renewal Process is the Flexible and easy process. You can renew your policy 30 Days before the Expiry Date only.
- Visit the official website uiic.co.in
- On Top of the Home Page you can find Motor Insurance – Renew Option.
- Click on Renew.
- Then you will redirect to Online Renewal Page.
- Enter your Policy number and click Next.
- Now you can see the Premium Amount you need to Pay to renew your Policy.
- Check the Premium and Pay through online Using Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card.
Please Note that the Renew facility is not applicable for
- A policy with claim.
- Vehicle older than 5 years.
UIIC Car Insurance Premium Calculator
You can calculate the Minimum Premium that has to be Paid to take the Policy By Using the United India Car Insurance Premium Calculator. The Amount of Premium Paid will Depends on the Vehicles Age, and any Extra Coverages. You need to enter the below Information to buy UIIC Car Insurance.
- Registration state of vehicle
- Type of vehicle
- Class of vehicles.
- Body type.
- Registration location, etc.
FAQs on United India Car Insurance?
- What is Sum Insured Declared Value?
Ans: The IDV of the vehicle is fixed based on manufacturer’s listed selling price of the brand and model of the vehicle. It is calculated as manufacturers selling price minus depreciation.
Depreciation for fixing the IDV(Insured declared value) of the vehicle in United India Insurance Car Insurance
|Age of the Vehicle||% of depreciation for fixing IDV|
|Not exceeding 6 months||5%|
|Between 6 months and 1 year||10%|
|Between 1 year and 2 years||15%|
|Between 2 years and 3 years||30%|
|Between 3 years and 4 years||40%|
|Between 4 years and 5 years||50%|
For More Details, please refer UIIC Car Insurance official Brochure.